Saturday, March 13, 2010

What is the best way to paint stripes in a room??

I am painting my room and one wall is going to have stripes. I need some tips on how to make it easier.What is the best way to paint stripes in a room??
I painted my kitchen with stripes. First I painted the entire area with the lighter of the colors. Then I measured and taped off the area for the stripes, and then painted the darker color.





Make sure you use the right tape and double check that the sides of the tape that are touching the edge to be painted are well attached to the wall.





Good luck.What is the best way to paint stripes in a room??
Put the tape against cotton jeans, to make sure that it wont ';take the paint'; off that was just painted...lessens the stickiness of the tape.





I wish you well..





Jesse

Report Abuse



';How to'; video...





http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_988/te鈥?/a>
Tape it (your stripes) with blue tape and paint, but gently pull the tape off when your paint is still alittle wet. go to diy website, very informative
How wide do you want the stripes? One way may be to paint the wall totally one colour, then use masking tape for clean straight lines over painted with the second colour

No comments:

Post a Comment