Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How long should I let oil paint dry between coats on my front door?

The directions are illegible! I'm using Benjamin Moore exterior oil paint. It says it will take 4-6 hours to dry and XX hours should be allowed between coats. Any ideas? I'd like to finish today if possible. Thanks!How long should I let oil paint dry between coats on my front door?
You usually need to wait 24 hours between coats when using oil based paint. High humidity will also need to be considered in allowing for drying time. Usually over night is a good rule of thumb.





Most of the time you will need to do a light sanding with 220 grit paper to get any fuzz, small dirt particles or drips or runs out before putting on a second coat. Oil base paint usually just isn't dry enough to sand in less that 24 hours.How long should I let oil paint dry between coats on my front door?
Call the store where you bought the paint and they can tell you what is written on the can. Good Luck
My nephew, who is a professional says 4 hours.
24 hours with a light sanding, and finish coat with a moe hair roller

No comments:

Post a Comment