Saturday, March 13, 2010

How do I get the smoothest paint finish?

I'm painting my bedroom and i want to get the smoothest, most even finish on my walls without having to use a spray painter. (My walls are going to be a dark blue by the way) Any advice is greatly appreciated!How do I get the smoothest paint finish?
Use a roller on a stick. The long sticks are awesome for painting. I used them when I was an apartment manager. Also painting slowly and not fast can help even up the paint as well.How do I get the smoothest paint finish?
Use a paint that levels out well. Enamels waterborne or oil will level out better than a standard wall paint.





Use a fine short nap roller. The longer the nap, the more texture. Use a short 1/4'; nap roller cover with a good leveling waterborne or oil enamel.
i've seen ';pad'; painters in paint stores and home depot. maybe try those. oh, and sometimes home depot and lowes have painting classes

No comments:

Post a Comment