Thursday, March 11, 2010

Can you help me pick a paint color?

My moms gonna go to the store to buy me some paint for my room. I got brand new furniture which is Dark Brown Pine (%26lt;purty nice by the way). What would look better; a light Brownish color, or an Orangish? By the way I'm a guy, if that makes it easier.Can you help me pick a paint color?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>





I think something from the orange family like ';neighborly peach'; (# 6632) would look fab!Can you help me pick a paint color?
Well if you like your set the last thing you want to do is put a brown tone on the wall. THis will cause your furniture to blend into the walls and there will be no focus on the furnishings because it will just be all too the same.





I would go with a blue actually but a nice smokey blue (not navy to dark with dark wood).





I would not do orange.





Blue or a nice sage green will look really great and make your furniture really pop!
Orange is hard to live with. Golden can be better fut be careful. I have ';chesnut'; on one wall in the dining room and it is a lovely golden, but only because of the reflected light coming form outside. In a darker room it might be morbid.





It would be nice if she brought home some color swatches since ';brown'; is a very broad color. Plus you must consider how light your room is naturally. My first feeling was a Khaki color but even those vary from golden to greyish. If your dark brown is truly dark brown, actually light blue works well.
I like the idea of a light sandy color like ';Arabian Nights'; by Behr. You can accent with black and orange if you want in your bedspread and accessories.
I would go with the light brown. It is a neutral, so any other color you put in your room will coordinate. Congrats on the new furniture. It sounds very nice.
A nice light blue works well with dark brown wood.You can use light gray for accents.You should go with your Mom and see what colour you like. Take along a drawer from the bedroom set to help chose

No comments:

Post a Comment