Saturday, March 13, 2010

What is the best way to paint shower tile?

I have some 4 inch YELLOW tile in a shower that I want to paint white instead of replacing the tile. I would also like to re-grout the tile. Any suggestions?What is the best way to paint shower tile?
You can paint tile but not in a shower area. The water will cause the paint to peel and it will look worse.What is the best way to paint shower tile?
There is dye for the grout but not fro tile when the tile is fired the color is added you woul have to sand the tile so much that you would not be able to get the Scratches out then th epaint would not stay. the best bet is to replace th etile
Home Depot sells porcelin refinishing kits (epoxy), but it is difficult to get a nice finish; best results with a sprayer or hire a pro. If you are going to re-grout anyway, it may be best just to put in new tile.
I would pay a pro to refinish it. I've seen what my friend did to his bathroom trying to paint the tile himself. I'm not saying that you would do the same, I just saw how easy it was to mess it up.

1 comment: