Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How much does it cost to paint the average room?

My boyfriend has a regular job but volunteered to paint one of his collegues new 300,000 home this weekend. He said the living room is 3 times his apartment's living room. He's been working very hard since friday. He's doing the molding? whatever that is, sandpapering, doing the undercoat then the paint. He only worked about 3 1/2 hrs yesturday and he said his hand were hurting. He is a strong man, he played high school, college and professional football and still plays arena. He is also the personal trainer of the guy's home he is painting. It seems like he is working very hard for the few dollars he is asking for. I need to know how much does it really cost to paint the average room and what it includes. I want him to be faily compensated, leaving it up to him, he will give a friendly price that will only piss me off. Thanks in advice.How much does it cost to paint the average room?
Sq footage would be nice info.


I do little jobs for my friends all the time. I ask for $15 an hour and they pay for materials. Most of the time people underestimate how long a painting project takes.


In the intrest of friendship encourage your Boyfriend to discuss the $ aspect before work begins - it could save him from stressful situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment