Saturday, March 13, 2010

What gives the smoothest top coat of paint?

I have two base coats of paint applied in my living room but I see there are still some brush lines in the paint. I would like a perfectly smooth paint job with no lines and I only have time for one final top coat. What type of tool(brush, roller,shake painter) will give me the best finish. And I don't have a sprayer so that's not an option.What gives the smoothest top coat of paint?
A smooth roller. One with no texture at all. If you had used an alkyd paint, you would not have had any lines. It is a ';self-leveling'; kind of paint that resists leaving any brush or roller marks.What gives the smoothest top coat of paint?
A fuzzy roller. Ask at your hardware store which is best. I would get the fuzziest for this project, but I like my rollers very fuzzy.
The newest trend is to finish your walls with Varathane based paints.
rollers are always best...the length of the nap determines the smoothness of the finish
Since the brush marks are already there, you are likely to see them after your next coat of paint. The glossier the paint the more you will be able to see those imperfections. Also, the imperfections are more evident when the line of site is near parallel to the wall. So, if the usual line of site is perpendicular to the wall, then they will go unnoticed, even by you. Besides, how far away do you have to be to notice those brush marks yourself? If you have to hunt for them, then don't stress about it because *no one* will notice.





My suggestion -- roller the final coat %26amp; perhaps drop the sheen down a notch.





Cheers!
i am not sure about paint but i have found that the sponge thing on a handle (sorry not sure of name),left the best finish and less mess hope this helps.
I heard Behr is really good and probably the best one so you might want to consider that
I very into DIY and i tend to use those paintbrushes with plastic bristles which you can get in the pound shops!





They give an even coat and the brush fibres don't end up on the walls when you are finished!





Check out this link here to give you an idea:





http://www.poundland.co.uk/pages/offers/鈥?/a>





Try the 7 pk,these are better than the 10pk,they are crap!








P.S





I would suggest that you do two coats of paint for you're final result gives it a better finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment