Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How much should it cost to paint 45 feet of wall space?

I just added up all the wall space in my new place that I want to repaint. The ceilings are 8'2'; high, and I am using Benjamin Moore paint. This room is not really that complicated to paint (standard walls) except the tricky area between the 3 transom windows (and walls) where there are 4 2'; strips to be painted without hitting the window frame. I am wondering about labor mostly, but if you think you know how much paint will be - that's great too. The room is 21 x 21 but not all of the walls can be painted due to windows, doors, or built in cabinets. Thanks!How much should it cost to paint 45 feet of wall space?
You need 3 gallons of paint..You said repainting so no need for a primer, but do clean the walls first..this room will take only 1 day so about 200.00 labor should do it...I do not suggest Benjamin Moore paint though..It streaks alot and thier colorant formulas usually end up in miss matching in the long run..Plus most of thier opaint is fortified, meaning they add a touch of alkyd paints with thier latexes(yes for real)..if the color is a deep tone it takes forever to dry unlike most latex paints, it touches up crappy...and is rough on your tools..I suggest a good Sherwin Willimas ';pro mar 200'; or cashmere lables for good coverage and touch up, and user friendly...A 21 x 21 room I can paint myself in 4 hours easily, but at contractor prices I charge no less than 200.00 a day..I don't know where all these other obnoxious figures come from ..lol...Harley dude here was a well pump service and installer the other day..and 28 years experience lol...I have seen all the way up to 35 years experience in other fields too lol....That price quote is keeping in mind that there is no moving of furniure..and a minimal of prep work/patchesHow much should it cost to paint 45 feet of wall space?
you need 2.5 gallons of primer. and 3.5 gallons of paint ....


you suggest that the windows cant be painted but they still need ,to be taped off,. or covered ...


the ave price for prep... primer and painting


$ 1275.35


would take around two days. if you have to wait for the primer ,to dry , and two coats of paint . by paint brush , but a lot faster with a spray gun. but more mess, and more to tape u p.........


double if its green paint i hate green lol
Price will vary depending on where you live. but around here it would be about $400 - $500, with trim. You would have to supply all the paint. They will bring the roller and cloths.
You should be able to do the whole project for about $90. That should cover the cost of paint, brushes, roller, roller pan, painters tape, and other miscellaneous items. If you're planning on painting the trim and/or ceiling, figure in another $30 for each color.





1 gallon should cover the wall space you described, but since one-coat paint usually isn't, I've figured for 2 gallons @ $30 a gallon. I'm not familiar with the brand you mentioned, but around here $30 is about average for a medium grade of paint.





I have no clue about labor. Something that small I would just paint myself...





-SD-
  • sunscreen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment